Like we said in our introductory post, we have learned A LOT about soy wax candles since turning our hobby into a small business almost 3 years ago. One of our first lessons was candle care. When you take care of your candles and burn them properly, they burn better and last longer.
We care deeply for candle care because not only does it help our product shine its brightest, it also helps in our mission toward sustainability. We want to eliminate waste everywhere we can, and that doesn't stop when your candles go home with you.
We want you to get the most out of your Old Pine Candle. Please follow the burning tips below:
- Trim the wick to 1/4" before lighting, every time. This will help prevent soot and smoke (aaaah clean burn).
- We recommend creating a "burn pool", the first time you burn your candle. To do this, let the wax melt completely to the edges of the container. This will prevent tunneling or uneven wax melt.
- Don't drown your wick! Don't burn for more than 4 hours at a time.
- If soot build up is evident (avoided by trimming your wick), feel free to clean it with a damp cloth.
- Do not handle the candle while lit. (This one is for our brother, Mark!)
- Never leave the candle unattended.
- Burn on a level surface and keep it away from flammable objects.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.